There are several programs to help defray costs of attending ASE.
SIGSOFT Travel Support and Childcare Assistance
SIGSOFT provides travel, registration, and childcare support for students and researchers.
More details about the SIGSOFT CAPS program can be found at https://www.sigsoft.org/resources/caps.html
If you are interested, please submit your complete application to https://awards.sigsoft.org/CAPS/ by August 30, 2019 (Friday).
Note that you may apply to both the SIGSOFT CAPS award and the NSF travel award, if you are qualified – please see the information below about the NSF travel award.
SIGSOFT Travel Support and Childcare Assistance for Professional Members
There is now a CAPS program for Professional SIGSOFT Members (Faculty, Post-docs). The application deadline is September 13, 2019.
- Being an ACM (SIGSOFT) member is a prerequisite for funding.
- IMPORTANT: For Conference select: “ASE (Professional Program) 2019 (apply before Sept 13, 2019)”. Note that there are two options, if the wrong option is selected, your application may not be considered.
- For Type of CAPS Fund to Apply, check “Others:” and enter “Professional Program”
- Support letters are not required.
Apply here: https://awards.sigsoft.org/CAPS/
NSF Financial Support for Participating in ASE 2019
The U.S. National Science Foundation has generously provided support for student participation in ASE 2019. Financial support for attending ASE is available for graduate (or undergraduate) students via the NSF ASE 2019 travel fund awards. Please see information below for descriptions of the program and how to apply.
Recipients must be students at U.S. institutions. Priorities will be given to:
- Students improves the diversity of computing research.
- Students who are invited to attend the Doctoral Symposium
- Applicants who could not attend without a travel award.
- Authors of papers accepted to the technical program, an ASE workshop, or a co-located event.
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
To apply, please use the SIGSOFT CAPS application form.
Note: In the field “Types of CAPS Fund to Apply” please choose “other” and specify “NSF Travel Award” in the text box. Additionally, if you are attending the “ASE’19 Doctoral Symposium”, please add “Doctoral Symposium” in the “Types of CAPS Fund to Apply” text box. Please feel free to address diversity in your personal reason to attend statement and/or your advisor’s statement. This information will not be shared outside of the committee and/or SIGSOFT system.
In order to be fully considered please submit your application by September 6, 2019 (Friday). After that date applications will be only be evaluated if funds remain. Note: if you do receive an NSF travel award you will be required to fly on a US Air Carrier, if traveling by air.
NSF Travel Award Selection Committee:
- Myra Cohen, Iowa State University
- Zhenchang Xing, Australia National University
- Brittany Johnson, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Andrew Begel, Microsoft Research
Student Volunteer Program
The Student Volunteer Program offers complimentary registration for students who volunteer during the conference week. For more information, visit the Call for Student Volunteers. The application deadline is August 26, 2019 (Monday).
SIGAI provides scholarships to students to participate in conferences sponsored by SIGAI, and ASE is sponsored by SIGAI. For more information, visit https://sigai.acm.org/activities/student_support.html