Update September 3: The link for the author submission site for A-Mobile, EXPLAIN, SEConfig, SEAD, and SEI is now available. Thanks for your patience!
Congratulations on the acceptance of your paper at one of the ASE 2019 workshops!
Please read this page carefully. It contains important information regarding how to register for the conference, request a visa letter, submit the final version of your paper, and make travel arrangements.
Each paper has a unique identifier. Your unique paper identifier is “ase19-CATEGORY-N”, and you should use this identifier when uploading the final version (if applicable) and also when registering. Replace N with the original paper number in the submission systems (no leading zeros). Replace CATEGORY with the acronym of the workshop that is listed in the following table. Example: For submission 97 of the A-Mobile workshop, the paper identifier is ase19-amobile-97.
|International Workshop on Advances in Mobile App Analysis (A-Mobile)||amobile||ase19-amobile-N|
|International Workshop on Explainable Software (EXPLAIN)||explain||ase19-explain-N|
|International Workshop on Software Engineering for Infrastructure and Configuration Code (SEConfig)||seconfig||ase19-seconfig-N|
|International Workshop on Software Engineering Intelligence (SEI)||sei||ase19-sei-N|
|International Workshop on Software Security from Design to Deployment (SEAD)||sead||ase19-sead-N|
|Java Pathfinder Workshop 2019 (JPF) (*)||jpf||ase19-jpf-N|
|Towards a Normalized Java Resource (NJR) (**)||njr||ase19-njr-N|
(*) The JPF workshop is not part of the ASE 2019 Workshop proceedings. The workshop organizers will send you details on how to submit the final version of your paper to the Software Engineering Notes.
(**) The NJR workshop does not have proceedings. You will still need the unique paper identifier for the registration.
Each paper has a maximum length. Please check the workshop web-page and/or your notification for the page limit.
Do NOT exceed the page limit.
One of the paper authors must register for the event your paper was accepted at by September 16, 2019. If you do not register on time, your paper may be removed from the program of the event. You also must present the paper at the event in person. One registration can cover multiple papers that you have co-authored.
Student authors are allowed to register at the student rates to satisfy the registration requirement. There is no requirement for students to pay the full registration rate.
The registration is open. Please visit the registration page for more details and the fees.
When you register, please pay special attention to our diversity and inclusion activities.
Travel support. There are several programs by SIGSOFT, SIGAI, and the National Science Foundation (NSF) to help defray costs of attending ASE. Another possibility is to apply as a Student Volunteer. For more information on these programs and the application deadlines, please visit Travel Support page.
Please check if you need to request a visa to travel to San Diego, USA to attend the conference. For more information on U.S. visas, please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html/
If you need a visa, please apply for the visa as soon as possible.
You can request a visa support letter during the registration. If requested, visa invitation letters are automatically sent when your registration is paid in full. Authors can request a more detailed letter during the registration that will be send manually within 2-3 days after the registration is paid in full. To avoid delays with visa support letters pay the registration by credit card and do not use wire transfer as they can take a long time. For any questions, please contact email@example.com.
The link to the ASE 2019 Online Author Submission Site is after the following important instructions. Please read the instructions carefully. :-)
- Please consider the reviews carefully when preparing the camera-ready version of your paper.
- Note that changes to the set of authors are not allowed (additions, deletions of authors). The order of authors can be changed and typos in the author names can be corrected with permission from the PC chairs.
- Changes to the title are only allowed with a prior permission from the PC chairs, including in cases where the title change was suggested by the PC.
- Strictly follow the ASE 2019 formatting guidelines and camera ready instructions. Failure to do so may lead to your paper being rejected.
- Each paper has a maximum length. Do NOT exceed the page limit (see the workshop web-pages and notification letters).
The submission process consists of three important steps. You will need the unique paper identifier (starts with ase19-).
- Copyright release: ASE 2019 and its associated publications are under IEEE copyright. You have to submit the copyright through the Author Submission Site. No text needs to be added to your final paper submission, including copyright or page numbers.
- File conversion/validation. You can use PDF eXpress for online file conversion and PDF Validation. Please note that PDF eXpress is NOT the submission site: After reviewing your paper and checking for accuracy, you must follow the next step and complete the submission instructions found at the link below.
- Paper submission (both PDF file and source file): Please note that the unique paper identifier MUST be included in the paper submission step of the Author Submission Site.
Your successful paper transmission will be notified with confirmation e-mail to the submitter.
You will need to create an account before you access the submission site.
If you have any technical questions please contact the proceedings production editor Lisa O’Connor (loconner at computer.org).
As specified in the acceptance letter, one of the paper’s authors must register by the camera-ready deadline using the unique paper identifier. See the registration page for more information on the registration and guidelines.
The closest airport to the conference is San Diego International Airport (SAN). From the airport it is a short taxi or rideshare (Uber, Lyft) to the conference venue. The conference will take place at the Hilton San Diego Mission Valley.
The conference room rate at the hotel is $149 per night and includes free Wi-Fi and breakfast.
You may make your reservations online by clicking on this link https://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/S/SANMVHF-AS2-20191106/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG or by calling 1-800-682-6099 and mentioning you are with group code “AS2.” The cut-off date for the room block is Thursday, October 10, 2019. Make your reservations early in case the room block sells out.
The main advantage is that hotel is the center of conference activity, allowing you quick access to the programs and functions, as well as the ability to network easily with other attendees. Staying at the conference hotel will also increase your chance of social encounters with other attendees.
We look forward to seeing the final version of your paper, and your presentation at ASE 2019! Congratulations again!